April: Celebrate Counseling Awareness Month
The American Counseling Association (ACA) has named April Counseling Awareness Month!
The ACA is focusing promotions on mental health counselors, school and college counselors, substance abuse counselors, and career counselors, but the month honors all of us.
It’s time to recognize your field! Here are four easy ways to get involved …
- Meet the Media: The ACA has a list of article ideas and tips for media outreach. They’re all about celebrating your profession, while increasing awareness of counseling psychology benefits and resources.
- Be Social: You can win a free registration to the ACA’s 2016 Conference & Expo by reaching out to others. Or you can acknowledge Counseling Awareness Month in social media.
- Celebrate You: It’s your month … why not take some extra time for yourself? Self-care can be as simple as making time to read a new book or catching up with friends, even on a tight schedule.
- Grow: What have you always wanted to learn or do to thrive as a counseling psychology professional? Attend a conference, consider a mentor, give back or learn something new.
Overall, the ACA suggests focusing on the big picture this April.
“Consider a dual approach to celebrating Counseling Awareness Month. First, the observance can be used to inform the public being served by the counseling entity of which you are a part. Second, and possibly equally important, is the enhanced recognition you can achieve within your institution, organization and agency,” the association states.
Latest posts by John Chambers
- April: Celebrate Counseling Awareness Month - April 2, 2015
- Watching the Clock: Getting the Most from Self-Care on a Schedule - March 15, 2015
- 5 Top Tips to Find a Professional Mentor - February 20, 2015